RECIPE FOR KUIH LAPIS
1. Heat the steamer until water boils. Prepare a 7 inch cake pan
2. In a small pot, heat up the coconut milk until just lukewarm.
3. Add all the flours, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Add in the coconut milk. Stir until evenly mixed.
4. Divide the batter into 2 smaller bowls.In one of the bowls, add a bit of pink colouring as well as the rose. Leave the other untouched.
5. In the cake pan, pour about 100mls of pink batter and put it into the steamer. Cover and steam for 5 minutes (must time this). When time is up, open the lid and add 100mls of the white batter. Steam for another 5 minutes. Repeat this process until all the batters are finished. You should end up with 7 layers. The top layer MUST be the pink colour.
6. Once done, let it cool for a few hours and cut into mini diamond shaped cake.