RAMADAN FREEBIE WEEK #1
Printable DIY Eid Mini Triangular Paper Lantern (Template)
*You may download this printable at the end of this post*
RAMADAN MUBARAK to all my readers! May Allah, the Exalted, bless you and your family with this beautiful month of fasting and nearness to Him.
As promised on my facebook page, my party package printable is now available to download and I will be releasing 1 printable weekly throughout Ramadan until Eid. This year, 2014, the party printables theme is “Golden Marrakesh”. And for week 1, we have our popular Eid mini lanterns (DIY printable template). By the last week of Ramadan inshallah, you’ll have a complete “EID party package” to make your celebration as joyous as it can be- all in the ‘Golden Marrakesh’ collection!
If you wish to download last years party package (Confetti collection), you may visit this page to see all the FREE printables.
Stay tune for next week as I reveal our 2nd Free printable, which will be ‘EID MUBARAK’ bunting flags! If you like these, can you pretty please share this blog post on your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest (or any social media)- I’d really appreciate that, thanks guys!
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
These are the materials needed to make this DIY Paper Lantern Eid Project.
1. This printable template
2. White cardstock (preferably thick)
4. Cutter (or scissors)
5. Double sided tape (or glue)
6. Hole punch
7. Ribbon or string
1. You will need to download this printable PDF (found at the bottom of this post) and using a colour printer, print as many as you like! This template can be printed on an A4 (8×12?) paper. The constructed size of lantern if printed on the suggested paper will be 17cm/6.6? long and 8cm/3? wide.
2. Using a cutter or scissors (I find using a cutter/knife easier), cut out the template carefully. Please cut along the SOLID lines and SCORE/FOLD on dotted lines.
3. Use a hole puncher to make 2 holes, as marked on template.
4. Put a ribbon/string through the holes but do not tie them as yet. Make sure when you insert the string, that it goes in the hole from the top (where the design is printed)
Grab the feeded string and bring it from behind to front (as show above). Make sure each side is equal in length.
5. Score lightly and fold along the dotted lines and put double sided tape
6. Now carefully construct your paper lantern, starting from the top left and make your way across, and then below (clockwise)
Now that you have constructed your paper lantern, you may decorate as you wish! I hung them across the arch in our living room just as we enter the house.
Please click the Download button below and you will see a PDF document with 2 pages. Page 1 of 2 is intructions and 2 of 2 is the template.