In our family, we love berries. My girls can eat a whole punnet of berries in 1 sitting.
A few weeks ago we made a blueberry lemon butter cake, so this weekend, my eldest and I made this lovely rustic raspberry, almond and white chocolate tea cake.
All the ingredients needed to make this cake.
RECIPE FOR RASPBERRY, ALMOND AND WHITE CHOCOLATE TEA CAKE
Adapted from this recipe
Slices: 12 (20cm springfoam pan)
Bake time: 50 mins
150g (5.3oz) softened, unsalted butter
2/3 cup (150g/5.3oz) caster sugar
1 cup (150g/5.3oz) self-raising flour, sifted
150g (5.3oz) almond meal, sifted
3/4cup (135g/4.75oz) white chocolate chips
150g fresh or frozen raspberries
2/3 cup (50g/1.8oz) flaked almonds
icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F). Grease and line base and sides of a 20cm springfoam pan.
2. Beat the butter and caster sugar until thick and pale.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add the milk, then beat to combine.
5. Fold in the flour and almond meal, then fold in the chocolate chips and raspberries.
6. Spoon into the pan, and smooth flat.
7. Bake for 50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
8. Cool cake in pan for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
9. Sprinkle generously with a layer of flaked almonds and dust with icing sugar.