As promised, this is our first freebie for this Ramadan!
*You may download this printable at the end of post*
Freebie #1 – Printable DIY Eid Mini Triangular Paper Lantern (Template)
In Sha Allah I will be releasing a Party Package and the theme will be focused around ‘CONFETTI‘! Thats right, confetti is all about celebration; and for Muslims, Eid marks one of our biggest celebrations.
Since having kids (and living abroad), I try to make Eid as joyous as it can be. Over the last couple of years, I have made homemade Eid desserts (cupcakes , almond cookies , peanut cookies ) and cooked traditional Malaysian Eid Food (rendang , lontong ) for our little family- at the time, my first was only a baby/toddler…so I didn’t really bother much with decoration. However, this year will be her 3rd year celebrating Eid (in fact, she turns 3 today Mashallah!). She can cut, paste and gets excited over little things, Alhamdulillah…so I have decided to decorate the house as much as my enery allows me It is definitely a challenge, running a small business whilst having 2 kids under 3 and another on the way In Sha Allah.
And thanks to our Facebook fans who have voted, the winning colour for our Confetti theme will be ‘Lime and Yellow‘. I have also complemented it with a surprise colour; orange – for a bit of fun and to bring it all to life.
So please bookmark this blog  and like us on Facebook  for more updates throughout the month regarding our free printable party downloads. For the next 3 weeks, I will be giving away printable bunting flags, cupcake toppers, food tags and gift tags and hopefully a few other surprises (if I get the time!)
As much as I enjoyed creating & crafting these paper lanterns, I also hope that these little printables will be of great use to you. May it bring happiness and joy for your Eid celebrations with your loved ones! If you would like us to continue with more freebies in coming Ramadans, please share this blog post on your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest (or any social media)- we’d really appreciate that, thanks folks!
In the meantime, please enjoy my step by step on how to make a Triangular Paper Lantern. And if you do use our printables, I would looooove to see some photos of it. You are welcome to email  them to me or post them on my Facebook page. 
These are the materials needed to make this DIY Paper Lantern Eid Project.
1. This printable template
2. White cardstock (preferably thick)
4. Cutter (or scissors)
5. Double sided tape (or glue)
6. Hole punch
7. Ribbon or string
1. You will need to download this printable PDF (found at the bottom of this post) and using a colour printer, print as many as you like! This template can be printed on an A4 (8×12″) paper. The constructed size of lantern if printed on the suggested paper will be 17cm/6.6″ long and 8cm/3″ wide.
2. Using a cutter or scissors (I find using a cutter/knife easier), cut out the template carefully. Please cut along the SOLID lines and SCORE/FOLD on dotted lines.
3. Use a hole puncher to make 2 holes, as marked on template.
4. Put a ribbon/string through the holes but do not tie them as yet. Make sure when you insert the string, that it goes in the hole from the top (where the design is printed)
Grab the feeded string and bring it from behind to front (as show above). Make sure each side is equal in length.
5. Score lightly and fold along the dotted lines
Put your double sided tape or glue. I used double sided tape as I found it to be easier when putting it together.
Though, your child will not agree and think glue is fun!
6. Now carefully construct your paper lantern, starting from the top left and make your way across, and then below (clockwise)
This is what underneath should look like. Make sure you do not overlap on the string!
Now that you have constructed your paper lantern, you may decorate as you wish! I hung them across the arch in our living room just as we enter the house.
Please click the Download button below and you will see a PDF document with 2 pages. Page 1 of 2 is intructions and 2 of 2 is the template.