Every Saturday, I try to make an effort to bake with my eldest daughter who is nearly 4 mashallah. So this morning we made a buttery blueberry lemon pound/loaf cake. Its very soft and moist, absolutely delicious! Dare I say much better than bought ones!
I love mine with a cup of tea but my husband thinks its better with a glass of milk. What do you think? A slice with tea or milk?
RECIPE FOR BLUEBERRY LEMON BUTTERCAKE (POUND CAKE)
Adapted from this recipe 
Makes: 1 loaf
Bake time: 60 mins
1 cup fresh blueberries
113 gram butter (1 stick)
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup caster sugar
3 large eggs
2 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups plain flour (all purpose)
½ cup sour cream (or yoghurt)
1. Put the berries in the freezer for about 30 minutes to freeze – this will help keep them from staining the batter.
2. Preheat oven at 325°F (160 degrees fan forced)
3. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and lined with baking paper.
4. In a stand mixer with the paddle attached, cream the butter and salt.
5. Slowly add the sugar and continue beating for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the eggs one at a time letting the mixer go for 30 seconds after each egg. Scrape sides of bowl often.
7. Add the lemon juice.
8. Scrape sides of bowl and add baking soda. Stir well.
9. Add flour and sour cream (or yogurt) alternately to batter, stirring until blended. Remove bowl from the stand, toss the frozen blueberries in the remaining batter.
10. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
11. Bake the cake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake is clean.
12. Set the cake on a rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
13. Turn the cake from the pan and let cool completely.