I’m back with food! I’ve realised the past 15 posts have been all about design.
I have heaps of food photos on my backlog just waiting to be published, so In Sha Allah when I get a bit more time on my hands, I’ll post them up with their recipes!
Lately I have been craving meehoon. Had it at my parents, ramadan bazaar and so I thought its time I make this thing! My sister said it was tasty, and it really is!
RECIPE FOR BIHUN GORENG/ FRIED MEEHOON
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1 pack rice stick (bihun)
15 small prawns and/or 200g thinly sliced beef
3 bunch choy sum (or any asian vegetable)
4 cloves garlic
2 carrots (cut into matchsticks)
1 block fish cake
2 big handfuls of bean sprouts (taugeh)
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsp chilli boh or sambal belacan (I cheated and use the bottled brand ‘Singlong’)
2 tbsp tauco (salted soy beans)
2 tbsp osyter sauce
2 tbsp kecap manis
1.5 tbsp tomato sauce
To garnish (optional)
Thin long sliced omelette (made up from 2 eggs)
1. In a large wok, saute the garlic and fish cake for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the cut vegetables, all the sauces and cook until they get a bit soft.
3. While the vegetables are cooking, soak the bihun/meehoon in a large bowl of warm water. Let is soak until it softens and then drain.
4. Add your bihun/meehoon into the wok and stir fry to coat it evenly with the sauces/vegetables.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Finally add your garnishing and serve fresh off the wok!