I had a packet of Oreo’s from a while back when Coles had them on special for $1, so I thought why not make something a little classy yet cute? I went on a hunt to find the perfect oreo cheesecake recipe and this did me proud!
What I liked about this recipe is that its not too dense or too light. Its just perfect. I love the creaminess and smoothness of the mixture, combined with the biscuit crunch…it certainly makes for a crowd pleasing dessert for the young and old.
RECIPE FOR OREO CHEESECAKE
Adapted from Gourmet Getaways  with slight modifications
Prep time: 20 mins
Chill time: 6 hours (min)
80gm butter, melted
250gm Oreo biscuits
200gm white chocolate
250ml pouring cream (regular unthickened)
375gm Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup boiling water
3 tsp gelatine
12 halved oreo cookies
1. Place the biscuit base ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it reaches a fine breadcrumb stage.
2. Press crumbs into a 12 cupcake base and refrigerate.
3. Combine water and gelatine and stir until fully dissolved.
4. Warm the cream and white chocolate in a double boiler and stir until smooth. Allow to cool until room temp.
5. Combine the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar in a food processor until the mixture is smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Add the white chocolate mixture to the food processor and combine. Pour the gelatin into the food processor and continue to mix the cheesecake filling until smooth.
6. Pour the filling into the prepared biscuit base.
7. In a piping bag, pipe out the whipped cream for the top decoration and finally put an oreo on top. Chill until set for at least 6 hours.
Note: I use cupcake cases first then before serving, take them out and place onto plate.