I love reading The Pioneer Woman . I think she is a fabulous writer, cook and photographer. She has been blogging for quite some time now and while I was browsing her blog, I came across this recipe. Though, I have to admit my cake is nothing compared to hers, so please head over there to check out her amazing blueberry crumble cake *drools*. Mine, on the other hand, just doubled up in size. I accidentally read the method wrong and instead of using a large rectangular pan, I used a small round baking pan! But do come back here to try out the recipe. I’ve translated the American cooking measurements as I don’t like how they use ‘stick’ for butter.
RECIPE FOR BLUEBERRY CRUMB CAKE
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman 
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 45mins
For the cake:
1/4 cup butter + 1 tbsp additional butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 whole egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
2 cups fresh blueberries
For the topping:
6 tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
Method for Cake
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease a 20 x33 cm baking pan and line with baking paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine butter and egg with cinnamon and sugar.
3. Add vanilla and mix.
4. Add flour mixture and milk alternately until totally incorporated. Do not overbeat.
5. Stir in blueberries until evenly distributed.
6. Pour batter in the baking tin.
7. In a separate bowl, combine topping ingredients with bare hands until it forms to a biscuit crumble. Sprinkle over the top of the cake.
8. Bake cake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar.