JAFFA MOUSSE CAKE RECIPE
Adapted from, myself! Literally just tasted and go!
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup sugar
60g melted unsalted butter (more or less)
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 160 degrees, fan forced. Line the bottom and sides of a pan with baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, then press into the pan base. Bake for 10minutes. Cool.
Chocolate Jaffa Mousse
Adapted from My Kitchen Rules , with slight changes
225g dark chocolate
1 sachet of gelatine, mix with 1/4cup boiled water
300ml thickened cream
1 tbs orange juice, squeezed and sift pulp out
3 tsp orange essence (more or less to taste)
- To make mousse, melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup water to a boil and mix in gelatine until dissolves. Let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the gelatine into the chocolate mixture.
- Add orange juice and essence to whipped cream and mix evenly.
- Then gradually fold in the cream into the chocolate gelatine mixture.
- Spread over cooled cake in pan. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.